Services are available to provide annual updates and technical assistance in the following areas:
- Identifying areas to enhance school safety and security
- Reporting school safety audit results
- Training related to health, safety, and other required topics.
- Safety audits scheduled at least once every three years.
- Written reports for presentation to the school board.
- Assistance in reporting information to the Texas School Safety Center.
On-Line Safe Schools and Compliance Training:
- Includes a comprehensive on-line library of school-focused courses. Examples include: Sexual Harassment, FERPA: Confidentiality of Records, On-line Safety, Workplace Safety, Child Abuse, Integrated Pest Management, School Bus Behavior and Discipline
- Includes a management system to document staff training completion and credit
- Includes a system for district/charter policy acceptance by employees for Human Resources tracking documentation
Student Wellness Coop
- Service provides a one-day, on-site visit per campus
- Presentations for students on a variety of topics including bullying, dating violence, healthy habits, drug awareness, cybersecurity, conflict resolution, etc.
- Cooperative membership also includes technical support and resources
Compliance Resources :
Texas School Safety Center
- Provides guidance on important school safety topics, training event opportunities, toolkits, templates and videos for schools including these areas:
- School Behavioral Threat Assessment Training (REQUIRED for ALL members of the BTA)
- SRP/SRM Train the Trainer Training
- Digital Threat Assessment Training
- Sandy Hook Promise – Say Something Training
- School-Based Law Enforcement Training (TCOLE)
TEA Health, Safety & Discipline
TEA Superintendent Reporting Requirements
Title IV, Part A School Safety State Initiative
Title IV, Part A: Student Support and Academic Enrichment
School District Training Chart 2020– TASB School Law
Texas Governor Abbott’s School & Firearm Safety Action Plan
TEA Highly Mobile and At Risk, and Mental Health Supports
Legislative Guidance Series – TxSSC
TEA Safe, Supportive, and Positive School Climate
TEA Bullying and Cyberbullying
Texas Attorney General Safety Initiatives
Safe and Sound Schools: Resource Library
Monthly Update smore newsletters: