First Year Teacher Cooperative
This cooperative provides support for new teachers, alternatively certified teachers, teachers returning to the classroom after being out of education for any period of time, and long-term substitutes. The Region 9 First Year Teacher Cooperative provides the support new teachers need for classroom management, beginning of year procedures, lesson planning, and on-going support throughout the year. One of the most important components of the cooperative is the collaboration that is provided in a cohort group throughout the region.
Support for Mentor Teacher
- Assistance, if requested, for selection of new teacher mentor
- One day training session for mentors of new teachers with specific information related to support new teachers will need
- Copy of “Ginger Tucker’s First Year Teacher Notebook”
Support for New Teacher
- Copy of “Ginger Tucker’s Mentoring and Coaching: Helping New Teachers Succeed”
- One day training opportunity for new teachers before school starts for those hired during the summer or another opportunity within the first month of school for those hired after school starts
- Two one-day training opportunities during the fall semester and two one-day training opportunities during the spring semester
- On-going support throughout the school year in blocks of time purchased by the district
End of Year Celebrations
- Invitation to an end of the year celebration to acknowledge the efforts of the new teacher. Each teacher, mentor teacher, and another campus or district representative will be invited to attend.